Thursday, July 2, 2009

Head in the Clouds...literally.

I left the castle along the Rhine two days ago to travel to Munich, Germany. Found a place to stay after being turned down at a couple others, and after getting settled in, I went to find the "3rd Reich Tour." It lasted about 3 hours....lots of information but not much seeing the sights. The guy giving it sure did know lots of things and confirmed many things I had heard before. This morning then, I headed from Munich to Berschtesgaden, in the Alps of southern Germany. The big thing here was to see Hitler´s Eagle´s Nest which was his 50th bday present from the Nazi party. It was a very expensive busride up but since it was THE reason why I came down here, I decided to take it. Once we got up there, we had a decent view early and then the clouds came in....hence the title of this particular blog. Still, I´m glad I went up to the top. After this I decided to head to Salzburg, Austria to get lodging for tomorrow and the next day. Weekends can be kind of hard to find places to stay so thought this was best. Good thing I did as I had a tough time finding a place. Looks like I´ll have to adjust my agenda again as a result of transportation logistics. Not sure I´ll be able to get out to Hallstadtt, Austria now. But I have some pretty good substitutes that I´m looking at. Wanted to make sure that I wrote again tonight as I´m not sure when the next entry will be coming. After Friday and Saturday in Salzburg, I´ll go to Vienna, Austria for a few days. From there, it´s in to the Czech Republic. Happy 4th of July to everyone. I´ll be spending the 4th in Salzburg, which ironically is the 2nd time I´ve spent the 4th in Salzburg since this is where I was at 12 years ago. Oh, I´ll be staying in the same hostel that I stayed in 12 years ago as well. Hope all´s well. I plan to get in a shower tonight (maybe shave), sleep in a little later tomorrow (something you can do when you already have the next day´s lodgings taken care of), and eat a hearty breakfast here at the hostel tomorrow morning before leaving. Oh, last thing. On the walk back about a half hour ago, a critter came out of the woods to the middle of the road. I got it on tape and asked for confirmation of what it was from some people here at the hostel....European version of a badger. Time to go.

God Bless,
SNorris
<><

No comments:

Post a Comment