Sunday, July 5, 2009

Vienna....awesome again!

Early rise at 5:00 this morning to catch an early train to Vienna. Everything has gone so well today! Found a place right away within 5 minutes of the station. Then I managed to use the subway and get to the Spanish Riding School Visitor Center early enough to get a ticket to see the Lippizauner stallions. It wasnt a regular show but I did see some of the 3 year olds and some of the mares & colts, along with watching them pull some of their coaches. Also went so a museum way south in town to see some of the stuff that began World War 1. I then made it to another museum and then just walked around Vienna for quite a while. Such a beautiful city....one of my favorites!! It truly was a very good day! Tomorrow, I'll spend the day in Vienna.....I want to eat a Wiener Schnitzel, Apple Streudel, Sashetorte, and also have a coffee/espresso, etc at one of those Vienese coffee houses. Then I plan to catch a night train to Prague. Oh....I had to wait, but tonight the internet was free at the place I'm staying at...yeah!!

SNorris
<><

No comments:

Post a Comment