Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Luck of the Irish...in Scotland.

Bill and I found each other. Ends up I was on the computer as he was arriving in Belfast so he just drove right to the place I was staying and stayed there. Yesterday morning, we embarked on a bit of an adventure to try and get to Scotland. After seeing a bit of Belfast, we took a bus to Larne, Scotland which is north of Belfast. From there, we got on a ferry across a very rough, Irish Sea to Troon, Scotland. Bill had rented a car so it was waiting there when we arrived. We decided to stop at the Anchorage Hotel right next to where the ferry came in just to see what prices were. The guy at the reception told Bill there were no rooms available in the area period. However, he said someone had called earlier that had rented some rooms there. So he returned the call and it ends up that the guy cancelled one of his rooms, so we were in....very fortunate. Today, we took the train to Ayr. Fortunately, we ran into some nice people from Georgia who told us how to get where we were going. At Ayr, we took a train to Gervin. And from Gervin we took a bus to.....Turnberry Golf Course!!! It was absolutely awesome!!! Despite Tiger not making it, it was such a great time. We just walked all over the course. We followed Stuart Cink and Lee Westwood for a while and Jim Furyk and Angel Cabrerra a little also. I also saw Tom Watson bogey the 15th....we had to leave so didn't see him come back with his birdies on 16 and 17. Presently, I'm in Glasgow, Scotland. Had to walk to the place I'm staying...about 2 miles but I did find it and will soon get to bed. I left Bill at Troon as he had to get down to Manchester, England tonight as his flight leaves tomorrow morning sometime. Not going to tell you what I'm doing tomorrow though I bet some of you can guess. Here's a hint.....mom/dad, Steve, Dave, somebody.......will you tape it for me???? Hope you're all well.

SNorris
<><

No comments:

Post a Comment