Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Night train to Prague

Got up yesterday morning and travelled to Vienna again. Stowed my pack in a locker at the train station and headed out on the town. Was able to find a church that contains the remains of some of the Hapsburg emperors, and on the way I found an apple streudel to enjoy while sitting in the park by a Mozart statue. After that I just walked around Vienna alot. I ended up having both a sashatorte desert and also one of those fancy cups of coffee that I don't even know what it was cuz I'm not a coffee drinker. But it was good and just something I felt like I needed to do in Vienna. Had some other thoughts of things to do with a very free afternoon, but that was stopped by a downpour of rain that lasted a long time. So an awful lot of yesterday, I spent in the train station waiting for my 10:22 p.m. night train to Prague. Surprisingly, I got some pretty good sleep last night. Though there were three beds in the cabin I was in, I was the only one in there so I was happy about that. I'm here in Prague now and they have free internet here!!! Spent this morning finding the place in the northern part of town where a World War II assassination took place. Had no idea how far away it was when I first began walking, but I did find it and then took the subway for part of the trip back. After checking into the place I'm staying (the same place in Prague I stayed 12 years ago), I went downtown, got lost of course (the streets curve), but eventually found Jenny at her hotel. I had just sat down on a couch at the reception desk, when she walked around the corner, so the timing couldn't have been more perfect. We visited for about 2 hours before I left to go find something else in town I wanted to see. Now I'm back here and I really need a shower and shave so think I'll give that a try and then maybe turn in early again. I got good information about some trains for where I want to go tomorrow so I'll look over them as well. Guess that's it.

God Bless,
SNorris
<><

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you are having an eventful summer! Love reading about what you have been doing and seeing - keep us informed and enjoy. It is REALLY hot and humid back in Nebraska so enjoy yourself. You can almost watch the corn grow.

    ReplyDelete